02 June 2010

Round-up: Beautiful Summer Beach Houses

OK, I'll admit it.  I've never been to a beach house.  It's almost summer and the weather here has been alternately drizzly, hailing, sunny and hot and always clammy.  It would be nice to escape for a few days to a beautiful beach house wouldn't it?  That way, whenever I was feeling hot or clammy, I could take a quick dip in the ocean because it's only a few steps away from my front door.  Daytime reminiscing has inspired today's roundup of gorgeous beach houses all over the country.  Lovely, aren't they?

view from The Universe House in Mexico, image via here

view of Gardiner's Bay on Long Island, featured in NYT's "The Perfect Getaway"
image via here

view of Meg Ryan's kitchen in her drool-worthy beach house on Martha's Vineyard, Elle Decor June 2010
image via here

a guest room opens up to lush Venezeulan forest in this retreat,  Elle Decor May 2006
image via here

a cute little beach house bungalow featured in Apartment Therapy, by Sweetwater Bungalows,
image via here


1 comment:

  1. It's been a dream of mine for a long time to have a beach house. I'd take any one of these! Great choices!

    ReplyDelete

Lindsey Lou! Loves Comments...so show some love.