13 May 2010

Trend Alert! Stripes

Ok, I don't know if stripes are so much a trend, as much as a perennial classic.  I see them over and over again, each year.  Nautical stripes, vertical stripes, etc.  I'm really fawning over the plethora of striped dresses this season, and for some reason, I think I could maybe pull them off. But I love these dresses here:




Faux Two-Piece Dress via Nordstrom.com


Ella Silk-Shirt Dress via Net-A-Porter.com

The great thing about stripes, though, is that not only are they versatile fashion staples, they look great throughout the home too.  I think that a simple vertical or horizontal stripe can act as a neutral or as an accessory.  Check out my stripe trend that I found for the home as well:


Fashion Forward Trend- Stripes

2 comments:

  1. Stripes are so classic; love them.
    Unfortunately they don't work on all shapes...I find I can wear it with a blazer or something else tailored otherwise I just look WIIIIDE! :)

    Found your blog through Cup of Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love red and white stripes on fabric!

    ReplyDelete

Lindsey Lou! Loves Comments...so show some love.