As most of you know (or maybe you don't know and now you do know), I'm an English Lit major...which means I read a ton of books. Don't get me wrong, I love reading. And even though I'm on my summer vacation, I'm still going to read some books (maybe I'll share my summer reading list). The problem is that I have nowhere to put my books. I used to really bad and piles of books on my nightstand, but that didn't look too hot to me, so I threw them in one of my book rooms.
They aren't libraries, per se, they're spare closets that in which I've amassed pile after pile of books...and magazines. Soon I'll be getting a bookcase so that I have somewhere to store my books. I thought about all the ways I could display my book collection and thought about some additional shelving too, for my home office, with cute bookends to boot. Rather than splurge on bookends (and they can get expensive), I thought I'd share my roundup of affordable bookends, all under $100.
Items in this set, clockwise from top left:
Roman Coliseum Bookends, $30; Unbook Bank/Bookend By Josh Owen , $79; Manhattan Chair Bookend, $39; Bunny Bookends (set of 2), $35; Men Pushing Bookends By Chris Collicott,$35; Buddha Desk Organizer By Chris Collicott, $18;
Roost Recycled Wood Bookend,$53; Cast-Metal Animal, $26; James Bookend By Black+blum, $16; Alessi Girotondo Bookend at Velocity Art And Design, $58; Bookend Pairs, $14; Master Grip Bookends, $12; Halve Bookends, $58.95; Zuny Animal Bookend, $48; Pair of Book Ends, about $36; Roost Agate Bookends at Velocity Art And Design, $58
Roost Recycled Wood Bookend,$53; Cast-Metal Animal, $26; James Bookend By Black+blum, $16; Alessi Girotondo Bookend at Velocity Art And Design, $58; Bookend Pairs, $14; Master Grip Bookends, $12; Halve Bookends, $58.95; Zuny Animal Bookend, $48; Pair of Book Ends, about $36; Roost Agate Bookends at Velocity Art And Design, $58


How cute! I have piles of books in every room. The more bookcases we get the more books we seem to amass. It is a problem!
ReplyDeleteYou're right, it is a problem. During the semester, there's often a pile of books on my dining room table...don't ask.
ReplyDelete