19 May 2010

Roundup: Chesterfield Sofas

I'm almost positive that my first sofa is going to be some flat-boxed monstrosity from Ikea that I'll struggle putting together, but really, I love the look of Chesterfield couches.  The Chesterfield is named after the fourth Earl of Chesterfield and is easily identifiable by its rolled armrests that are the same height as the back.  I first became lovestruck when Anthropologie unveiled its yellow leather Atelier Chesterfield:


I love the dramatic and grandiose style, but I also believe that with the right styling, they'd have a more modern appeal to them.  At any rate, here are some more Chesterfield couches that I'm drooling after:



[Second from the top]:

2 comments:

  1. How funny! We both posted sofas today! And even funnier is that the Chesterfield is my other favorite sofa. Obviously we have great taste. :) I just wish I had an excuse to get either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We DO have great taste Alek. And I really, really want one to veg out on in front of the tv...but they are hella expensive :(

    ReplyDelete

Lindsey Lou! Loves Comments...so show some love.