15 August 2009

"What's Your Style In One Picture?" Challenge

So.....I had been perusing the blog files for travel-related or specific blogs when I happened upon From the Right Bank to the Left Coast.

Anyway, Alek, From the Right Bank has a really interesting Summer challenge right now. The challenge is to describe your style in one picture, which is more difficult than you might think. For instance, I started this blog as narrative of decorating my first apartment in the Hollywood Regency style. But in these two-three short months that my blog has been up and running, I've found that my style is not so cut and dry as "Hollywood Regency." I've seen so many other styles and designs, I've often felt like a kid in a candy shop: "Should I have jelly beans or chocolate coins or pixie stix....or maybe, some chocolate-covered pretzels?" You get the idea.

I also wondered, what room would I choose? Having my own kitchen, dining room, bedroom and living room and so forth is really alien to me. I finally wrestled between home office (because my year-end goal is to become a working freelance writer) and the bedroom, because I never paid much attention to it before. So here it goes. I finally went with this slightly goofy, weird home office designed by Jonathan Adler, in his book, My Prescription for Anti-Depressive Living. I chose it because, well, as in my last post, my home office is eventually going to be in my closet. It's an abnormally large closet, but it has so much potential, and a girl can only dream of having such a quirky home office as this:



  1. Quirky
  2. Graphic
  3. Bold
  4. B & W with a POP of color (more like a BANG!)
  5. Shapely
  6. Fun in an absurd way
Personally, I love everything about this design. Right down to the silver water pitcher, the glasses and those glossy-black Chinese Chippendale chairs. I think I want my dining room chairs to look like that (and no, I haven't finished them yet).
I think that sums up what I want my style to ultimately reflect, me. I'm not bold person, per se. I don't have a bold or loud personality or anything like that. But I am quirky and shapely and fun in an absurd way + I do wear lots of bold colors (not all at once, of course!) The point is, I'll be 25 years old in two weeks, and I am just now beginning to understand and determining a style that's all my own. So, thanks for that challenge, Alek.

"What's Your Style in One Picture?" Summer Challenge

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Lindsey! Thanks so much for taking part in the challenge! It really is so much tougher than it seems, isn't it? But I love your choice. That pattern and color of the rug is just lovely. And I've always loved those chairs. How great do they look with the b&w cushions and with the white desk? I hope you'll keep us posted on your office. It's going to look fantastic. Thanks again for playing along!

    ReplyDelete

Lindsey Lou! Loves Comments...so show some love.