Le sigh, I have been talking gunk about my "dining room" situation forever and have yet to do anything about it. I absolutely cannot eat another meal in my kitchen or my sad sack of a living room...I just cannot do it. So, on that note, I have decided to tackle these chairs of mine. I have my sandpaper, paint and paintbrushes, so I am hoping to have that rough labor out of the way by Monday afternoon. Then, I'll need to fabric and foam for my cushions. We'll see how that goes next weekend. But mark my words, by Monday (okay, maybe Tuesday) I will a have a set of four glossy black dining room chairs. Wish me luck though, because this is my first reupholstering project and the first time is always the hardest. See you all Monday (or Tuesday).
In the end, I'm hoping my chairs turn out something like the one in the foreground (c/o of Jonathan Adler):

A slightly better view, with a solid cushion:

Sincerely,
Lindsey Lou
Good luck. I'm loving your inspiration! I'm tackling refinishing a hutch tomorrow. My first time too!
ReplyDelete