So...I'm going out this weekend for a belated birthday dinner and drinks. And since I'm living on a budget...a very tight budget...I have to save money wherever I can. That's one of the reasons I love Elf. I think I was in high school when Target first started carrying Elf, and I'd load up on all the little cosmetics brushes and pretty lip glosses and eye shadows. All of their products were $1, if I recall correctly.
Anyway, Elf has expanded their line of products, thankfully, and they now carry a huge selection of cosmetics, brushes and they've got mineral make up too. My two favorite products are the Mineral Face Primer - which is a must have if you have super oily skin like mine- and the Tinted Lip Stain in Red Carpet. Everything is still really affordable and I can't wait to load up on more ELF makeup. And a little hint, if you're new to buying makeup online, read through the Elf cosmetics reviews, those have definitely been helpful to me.
I usually keep it casual with the primer, some mascara and the lip stain, but I really want to experiment with some new looks for my much belated birthday party. I love a bold smoky eye with a neutral lip and a nude nail, so naturally I gravitated towards this look. I also have to use my face primer to control the oil slick and some mineral foundation powder. I'm loving this look. It's easy, affordable and will leave me with extra cash for a second (third) margarita!
[Items in this set]
Mineral Face Primer, $6; Foundation in Deep, $5; Mineral Blush in Plum, $5; Liquid Eyeliner in Black, $1; Lengthening & Volumizing Mascara in Black, $3; Makeup and Cosmetics | Shop Eyes Lips Face, $3; Cream Eye Shadow in Berry Mix, $1
Nail Polish in Fair Pink, $1
(Photo) Inspiring makeup and styling by Maria Laxamana
Nail Polish in Fair Pink, $1
(Photo) Inspiring makeup and styling by Maria Laxamana
*Please note, this was a sponsored post. I do love E.L.F. though.*

No comments:
Post a Comment
Lindsey Lou! Loves Comments...so show some love.